Tuesday, June 20, 2006

So long Golf, Hello Again Rabbit


VW lovers everywhere are jubilating or cringing - depending on their preference...but the stateside VW compact car will no longer be called the Golf. It is being rechristened the Rabbit.

I never did understand the Golf name for this Volkswagen car - were it an automobile made for the game of golf, then it would be a gas-guzzling Cadillac-style cruiser with plenty of room for a set of clubs in the trunk. Say what you will - but at least a rabbit more closely resembles this car. It's not furry and can't hop - but it's got 4 wheels - similar to the 4 legs that our bunny friends have - and it's small. Welcome back to the VW Rabbit, I say. We barely noticed you absent - but we're glad to have you back.

My pal B-Bry will have to hold on to his Golf - he surely will appreciate its uniqueness now.

2 comments:

  1. I always LOVED the rabbit...matter of fact, that is just the size I am looking for...hmmm, I'll have to reconsider the Rabbit over the Toyota Matrix...apparently, american car-makers are scrambling to make this cross-over size and shape car, since the success of the Matrix...Dodge has a cute one out...called Caliber...I think I'm stuck with my little Honda another year *sigh* Low

    ReplyDelete