Thursday, September 30, 2004

Beatles A-Z

beatles-discography.comA big memory for me from the early 80's is listening to the Zoo and their Beatles A-Z broadcasts. I taped them in marathon sessions where I'd have all the cassettes lined-up & ready for flipping when a side was done. Those tapes - I listened to them so much. So much so - that for each Beatles' song I can still hear the beginning of what would be the next one on the list. "Mother Nature's Son" was always followed by John's voice yelping "Mr Moonlight", and so on. I was singing "Mr Moonlight" in the shower yesterday morning - such a funny song. I think I'll have to request this song at the next Hard Night's Day gig I go to.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard that 1 Car Garage does that song in their 3:00am set at the Cavern. They can rock it.

    ReplyDelete