Thursday, June 17, 2004

TechTV Fans Mad as Hell

I'm having a hard time trying to articulate my appreciation of the defunct TechTV. Their stable of techie show-hosts were quirky and reminded me of the IT folks at the various places I've worked - insecure socially, but brimming with fresh, dorky confidence because of their end-of-cable-spectrum celebrity and their computer know-how.

Mostly they were talking WAY over my head, but there were moments of great enlightenment amidst the fog. I could care less about the G4 Gaming programs. And they don't seem at all compatible with the old TechTV.

I gained a lot of PC confidence watching Call for Help and The Screen Savers. There's a lot to be said about those moments of reckoning when I knew the answer to some of the call-in questions. If there's anyone else out there that shares my appreciation of TechTV, please let me know. If not - the lonely echo from this post will drive my viewing habits right back to SportsCenter & Headline News.

No comments:

Post a Comment